DAV Chapter 8 | AZDAV08.org
The Committees are the backbone of Chapter 8. We thank all of them for their dedication to the multitudes of Arizona Veterans we are able to work with each day.
Below is a list of the current committees. To all of you we say thank you for helping DAV East Valley Chapter 8 be a success at helping our Veterans get the services promised to the best of our ability.
- Board of Trustee Committee – Chairperson Jim Ellis and the committee members, Michael Crowe, Howard Doll, Ranger Dan Cook, Ted Wagner, and Kay Dingman. The purpose of the Committee is to direct, evaluate and oversee Chapter-wide efforts to meet its asset management goals and objectives for property assets that include, owned and leased buildings, land, structures, and motor vehicles.
The Committee is the forum through which the Chapter develops common strategies and agreements to strengthen the management of Chapter assets. The Committee provides input to the Chapter on asset management issues and provides the Chapter with an Asset Management Plan that includes related recommendations and business practices. The Committee also provides strategic vision for asset management and ensures plans are executed.
- Audit Committee – Chairperson Barbara Jeter, James Jones, and. The committee review’s the Treasurer’s Report as directed by the Commander. The committee will report the findings to the Chapter membership in a written, signed report. The committee will also make an examination of the record and files of the Adjutant.
- Constitution & Bylaws Committee – Chairperson Barbara Jeter and committee members ensure Chapter 8 Constitution and By-laws remain in compliance with the regulations and revisions set forth by Department of Arizona and National Disabled American Veterans (DAV).
- Membership Committee – Chairperson Micheal Crowe Senior Vice Commander and other chapter members create the membership committee to keep building our membership on both the Chapter level and the National level.
- Events & Entertainment Committee – Chairperson George Colbert Junior Vice Commander and other chapter members create the entertainment events for our veterans of the East Valley.
- Finance Committee – Chairperson Debbie Roberts, Ted Wagner, and Chuck Berryhill currently compose the Finance Committee. They ensure the budget is in place and complete providing the funds to operate the chapter and assist our Veterans.
- Fundraising Committee – Chairperson Chuck Berryhill backed by the staff of the Rifle Raffle, and Golden Corral Donation Drive Committees. These committees are responsible for raising funds to continue the operation of Chapter 8.
- Public Information Officer (PIO) Committee – Chaired by Public Information Officer informs members and the public of activities and future events relevant to Chapter 8. The PIO also assists the Chapter Historian.